Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Babies Growing and Flourishing

As the babies continue to grow, they have become more active. They've discovered they have no predators in the tank so they are swimming further from the safety of Mama's and Papa's fins. They have beautiful vertical fins now. The height of the fins is directly related to the amount of space they have in which to grow, and it sets the stage for the rest of their lives. With Papa, Lindsay Buckingfish, being ten inches tall, these babies have good genes.


The blue thing in the upper corner is a way to clean the algae off the glass without me having to put my hand in the tank. With the parents vigilantly defending their babies against any perceived threats, I really don't want a fish bite when I'm just trying to clean. The blue cleaner has two parts - one on the inside and a magnetic one on the outside. That way, I can move it around on the outside of the glass and the corresponding piece on the inside cleans off the algae.