Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Meet Emmie Lou

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed the baby angelfish that had remained with Lindsay Buckingfish and Stevie Fishnick longer than usual were not faring too well. I moved the three remaining babies to a betta tank. Two of them passed away, sadly, within days. But one has not only survived but she is thriving.



I named her Emmie Lou because her white and black marbled fins reminded me of Emmie Lou Harris' long, flowing silver hair. I hope she is a female fish, because I intend to keep her if she is. Females are more readily adopted into a community tank by other angelfish, and there tends to be no aggression issues.

If she turns out to be a male and adding him to the community tank creates territorial issues, I will bring him to my wonderful local pet shop, Carroll's Pets, who will sell him. If he's placed with females, he would be quite happy.

In the meantime, Emmie Lou has more than doubled in size. I'll wait another couple of weeks at least before trying to add her to the community tank, since the angels in that tank are all quite large.