Thursday, October 25, 2012

Blue Angels

This is a blue angelfish.

I purchased this angel along with 10 others several months ago from a breeder in Pennsylvania, who shipped the fish direct to my door.

This is a female who has already selected as her mate a rare Siamese angelfish who is white with fins that go from white to black tips.

When I received the two angels, their bodies were about the size of a quarter. They are now about 5 inches tall and may grow to twice that size.

They share a 60-gallon tank with five other angels, about a dozen corydoras and a plecostomus.

5 comments:

Misaki @ misadventuresofMisaki said...

I've never seen a blue angel before, how beautiful!
Daddy watches a program about a fish tank company (think its called Tanked) and they show such amazing fishes. Our local pet shop only has the usual suspects

Mollie said...

We watch that too, its great :) xx00xx
Mollie and Alfie

p.m.terrell said...

Thanks for dropping by, Misaki and Mollie!
I love that show "Tanked"! They have such innovative designs and I just love all the exotic fish. I haven't attempted saltwater yet.
Fish kisses to your doggies!

onespoiledcat said...

Gosh the blue angel is gorgeous! Such a pretty shade of blue.

Pam (and Sam who obviously LOVES fish....tee hee)

p.m.terrell said...

Thank you for stopping by, Pam and Sam! Yes, I love the shade of blue. It's like an "ice blue" really stunning. Yep, I just BET Sam loves fish!! In a can!!!